For those of you who celebrate Easter, I hope you were able to have as nice a holiday as
possible under the circumstances. I want to keep this week’s Memo brief so I will just highlight a couple of things and let you get on with what you do best.
Because of your efforts, we had another very good week with little impact on our business. In fact, Rescar and AllTranstek remain strong and for that I am eternally grateful to all of you. This is not over by any means, but we are starting to see and hear some “glimmers of hope” out there in the country and I am encouraged.
HR posted a terrific one-page Health Resources summary on the websites with all of the contact information for BlueCross/BlueShield, AFLAC, and Lincoln Financial available for you with one “click.” We have a lot of very good health benefits available to you and your family so be sure to become familiar with, and take advantage of, all of the different options. If you are having any problems, please call the HR hotline or e-mail for assistance. Many thanks to Jackie and Sandy who, as you all know, are new to the Rescar/AllTranstek family. They have really “stepped up”over the last few weeks and are doing a fantastic job!
Many locations across our network have also implemented their own helpful additions to the “social distancing” and safety measures we have put in place. For example:
• Loc 163 – Actively talking about social distancing during the day and not just applying it at work but remembering to apply at home as well.
• Loc 550 – When customers call them out to the site, they try to limit exposure with the customer’s employees by having the car placed on a track away from the loading rack when possible.
• Loc 310 – All printed material they need to review is placed on a neutral area table and the area is sanitized a few times a day as needed.
• Loc 565 – This location made a 6 ft “social distancing” note on the floor using tape to show proper distancing and removed half of the chairs from the table in the common area to assist with proper social distancing.
• Loc 489 – Employees are continually talking about and practicing healthy nutrition and hydration habits and avoiding junk food. Eating healthy and staying hydrated helps in keeping the immune system strong.
• Loc 545 – During truck inspections, this location has focused on keeping the cabin air filters in the trucks changed out frequently.
• Loc 680 – This location is focused on ensuring each area has adequate hand sanitizer, soap, or some type of personal disinfecting method available at all times.
I am constantly impressed with the dedication and creativity of our employees. Please, if you have other ideas, talk to your supervisor. LET’S KEEP WORKING SAFELY, CONTINUE TO USE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND OTHER PROTECTIVE MEASURES, AND HAVE ANOTHER
- Joseph F. Schieszler, Jr., CEO